Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Are the products we use really ALL natural?

Are the products we use really ALL natural?

I started out in beauty/healthcare industry in 2000 in massage therapy.  I just felt like I really found my thing. Nothing made me happier, so I ventured into skincare and the universe just blessed me with so many opportunities.

I really got into the industry and natural products before it was so popular.  I always questioned every product ingredient that I was using on my body. When I went back to school for my skin technician license I really enjoyed learning about all the different ingredients and all the benefits they provided, in their natural state.  It really got me thinking about all these "organic" and "natural" products that we all swear by.  Did you know that there's quite a difference between "organic" and "organic ingredients"? The companies still have a margin for filler and preservatives!  One day I took my favorite skin care wash that claimed to be organic, I started looking up all the ingredients and discovered that only a small percentage of them were organic.  There are a number of parabens in there! Wow! So, here I am.... paying an arm and a leg to ensure the health of my skin for a product that doesn't live up to it's name.  That's when I got the idea to start making my own products with my company name, Body by Shae... but how do I get the word out there, how do I sell them to people?

I started working day and night and played the mad scientist with all the ingredients I had purchased from a reputable company that sold organic ingredients.
The difference in using products that really are unrefined and natural to the products we buy over the counter is really amazing.  You can really feel the difference.  I started out just making body creme; how hard can that be? It took me FOREVER to find the desired consistency until I could come out with my Body by Shae Body Cream.

When I started using my body cream, I noticed that I didn't even have to use it every day because it actually penetrated to my living skin, it retained the moisture! I was amazed.

When I started picking which friends would make the greatest guinea pigs I was able to discover even more healing benefits than just retaining moisture! My body creme was helping psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema, even sunburns! Why would I go back and use the store bought stuff that did none of the above?

Naturally, after seeing all the great results I started making an entire line of products.  One of the products Body by Shae makes  is an all natural Pain Relief and Healing Salve that has worked better for me and many others than anything we've all tried before.  It's become the biggest seller and people are buying it by the tin! Handcrafted products are the way to go!

www.bodybyshae.com
www.facebook.com/bodybyshae
www.twitter.com/bodybyshae
www.instagram.com/bodybyshae

No comments:

Post a Comment